I picked up my mail at city hall this morning and I received a letter from I. M. Kuncerned, a citizen who wants to hide behind anonymity and doesn't truly understand the changes that are in place regarding our police department. Regardless of what you think, we have a police administration open to suggestion and proactive in affecting change. Behavioral change is not radical and takes place over time.
Give it a rest and wait six months and see how this year compares with previous years. I am confident you will see differences.
As for DUI check points, they are mostly a display of police presence and their locations are publicized by law. I have no problem with DUI check points and I wish they didn't have to publicize locations. I want every DUI driver off the road and would never give them three opportunities to kill someone before they are arrested and sent to jail for a longer time than 24 hours. There are no or very few DUI incidents in Japan and Norway because the penalties are severe. We should follow their example.

That letter was obviously written by someone affilliated with the college. I have to tell you that the college is not the top thing that people think of when they think of Buckhannon. Buckhannon was here more than 80 years before the college came to town. The college is just part of this community not the whole community. The majority of Buckhannon and Upshur County want the laws enforced and frankly I'm appalled that alot of the College's professionals are trying to control the police dept.I hope someone affillated with the college's board of trustees starts investigating them.
ReplyDeleteMr.Preston,
ReplyDeleteYou should be ashamed of yourself! For you to put that letter on your blog is appalling. A lot of people around Buckhannon know that the convicted felon calls the police the Gestapo and your just giving him a forum to keep trashing these fine officers. All of you know that the police cannot speak out and for you to put that on your blog is irresponsible. These people can't file a formal complaint against any of these officers because it's the concerned citizen and his liberal friends who would come out the losers. I also noticed being the fine church going fellow that you are, you did not reprimand the letter writer for calling the police names. Instead you took concerned citizen's side by putting it here.Appalling!Shame shame shame on You!!
P.S.
ReplyDeleteI'll take this time to tell you that I tried to file a complaint against Mr.Clemens aka the bully in March with the good Mayor and he would not let me. I find the behaviour of these people tragic to slander a person in a zoning plan and then say that they want to be open and transparent. Give me a break!
P.P.S.
ReplyDeleteOfficer Rowan is a military veteran, as is all of his brothers.Officer Rowan's father and all of his uncles served in WWII. Officer Rowan's Father earned a Purple Heart and a Bronze Star. Officer Rowan's family has been serving our Country since the Revolutionary War.
Why should college students get a free pass from the city? I love Buckhannon and WVWC, but why should the students get special treatment than residents of Buckhannon? If they don't like it here then transfer, Buckhannon will survive without your winey ass's.
ReplyDeleteI, too, am concerned about the fact that someone or maybe several someones at WVWC seem to want to take over the running of Buckhannon. I also seem to recall a few city elections ago that in a Q/A survey put out to the candidates at that time one of them, I don't remember who, made a comment about the City & WVWC. As I recall, the question put forth was something about "how can the City improve & become more integrated with WVWC?" Again, as I recall, the candidates response was similar to "The City should not work to become integrated with WVWC. I think it should be up to WVWC to work to become integrated with the City." That is my point. WVWC is a PART, and only a part, of this fine community. This Dave Taylor that I keep hearing about may have some good ideas. I just find it very interesting that he has waited until there are at least three people on City Council (Thomas, Waltz, Clemens) as well as a Mayor that I think can be easily led, to come forward and start making "suggestions." Also, if WVWC students &/or faculty are going to get a free ride as far as the City of Buckhannon is concerned, then I need to quickly decide if I want to work there or enroll in classes there!
ReplyDeleteI have lived in Buckhannon my entire life and am not affiliated with WVWC in any way and yet can say that I love the school, faculty, and students. They bring a lot of money into our community just as Corhart, Trus, and many more do. Are they treated the same - no! A lot of you are very judgemental toward the students and staff because they are "outsiders". Let's try to be a little more open-minded towards them. We have to have unity in our community to make it successful. Our new county leaders are trying to bring us out of a black hole of despair with some much needed chainges. Let's wish them success.
ReplyDeletePS Since when does being a veteran make you so fine? I to came from a long line of veterans of which my father was an officer with multiple awards and yet was an abusive drunk in later years. My mother's brother was in prison for killing his wife and yet was a Green Beret. I served my time and yet certainly don't run around patting myself on the back!