Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Technical Tuesday

Today were the Skills USA tests at the Eberle Technical Center. Students in a wide variety of technical categories competed in both a written and practical skills examination. Those student achieving the highest scores go on to compete at the state level. The Eberle Technical Center under the direction of Mike Cutright, is regionally recognized as graduating well trained students ready for either the work force or for continuing education in their technical field.

Some of the programs offered at the Eberle Technical Center include automotive technology, auto body repair, diesel technology, welding, masonry, timber industries, computer and networking technologies, health care and nursing, electricity and construction.I may have missed some of the programs.

Why am I sharing this? Because Renee's son Logan Lamb was the first place winner for welding and received a gold medal in tonight's ceremony at the high school. As you can imagine Renee and I are extremely proud. Logan will compete in the state Skills USA event in Beckley sometime in March.

Congratulations to all the Skills USA winners and the faculty and staff at the Eberle Technical Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment